How could God make life not fair? I remember as a child thinking life was fair. It was quite a shock when I came to realize that this is not the case. I thought that everyone else who was telling me life wasn't fair was wrong. How could god make life not fair for everyone? It took a few more years and lots more learning and life experience to realize that there are things like agency, choices, obedience, God's plan for us and His will. I had to learn a little about these before I came to realize that I was the one who had the whole life is always fair thing wrong. Life is not fair, but that doesn't mean that God is not God or that we should be mad at Him or doubt Him and His love and goodness. Again, He loves us but that doesn't mean that bad things will never happen to us.
God gives us trials to help us grow. More than 10 years ago I heard something that has stuck with me almost every day since I heard it and I don't know who said it or the reference, but it went something like this: "Our trials are the price we pay to know God..." When I think about the hard things that have happened in my life I think about how I have turned to Heavenly Father and to my Savior Jesus Christ and how they have helped me get through. I have came to know God more because I have needed Him so desperately and He has been there to comfort me and to help me grow. It has been something that I would have ever wanted or chosen to go through and I have wanted to wish all of it away, but when it comes down to it in my heart I wouldn't trade those trials away now. I wouldn't trade the knowledge of God, that He is our Father and of our Savior, Jesus Christ away. He knows us and he know what we can become and who He wants us to be.
There is a video that has been helpful the past couple days about this subject. Sometimes I have felt that God is trying to break me, to cut me down. That everything that is going on in my life right now on top of the situation with our little Aven is too much and I can't do it. David and I have talked about how it is hard not to be mad or upset or bitter at times. We try to do what is right, we serve, we go to church, we try so hard to be good people. It is not fair. But then this is the answer that comes like in this video: " “I am the gardener here. I know what I want you to do.”
There is a reason that God wants us to have this heart breaking hard experience with our baby girl, our little Aven. We don't know the why, but we can try to have faith and trust in the gardener, our Heavenly Father. He know what He wants us to do and to be.
God gives us trials to help us grow. More than 10 years ago I heard something that has stuck with me almost every day since I heard it and I don't know who said it or the reference, but it went something like this: "Our trials are the price we pay to know God..." When I think about the hard things that have happened in my life I think about how I have turned to Heavenly Father and to my Savior Jesus Christ and how they have helped me get through. I have came to know God more because I have needed Him so desperately and He has been there to comfort me and to help me grow. It has been something that I would have ever wanted or chosen to go through and I have wanted to wish all of it away, but when it comes down to it in my heart I wouldn't trade those trials away now. I wouldn't trade the knowledge of God, that He is our Father and of our Savior, Jesus Christ away. He knows us and he know what we can become and who He wants us to be.
There is a video that has been helpful the past couple days about this subject. Sometimes I have felt that God is trying to break me, to cut me down. That everything that is going on in my life right now on top of the situation with our little Aven is too much and I can't do it. David and I have talked about how it is hard not to be mad or upset or bitter at times. We try to do what is right, we serve, we go to church, we try so hard to be good people. It is not fair. But then this is the answer that comes like in this video: " “I am the gardener here. I know what I want you to do.”
There is a reason that God wants us to have this heart breaking hard experience with our baby girl, our little Aven. We don't know the why, but we can try to have faith and trust in the gardener, our Heavenly Father. He know what He wants us to do and to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment